your little sister
March 12, 2013 § 82 Comments
One day, your little sister is going to fall for a man who is not kind…
who’s intentions are not pure, a man who treats her with disregard and disrespect.
You’re going to hate this man. You’re going to want to destroy him. You’ll wonder how one could run off such cowards blood. And in that moment of hate for this man, I hope you remember
you were that same man
So instead of looking him in the eyes, look back at yourself in the mirror—you are the man you now HATE.
Tell yourself, “I don’t care“, just like you said it to me, say it [again] for me, for your little sister, for the man who will treat your sister that way— someday. Tell me how it feels to know your sister is being treated that way and you are looking at her as she looks at him tears in her eyes begging for sympathy, praying to hold composure, asking God to grant her grace to restrain the fear and keep her pride, and tell us all YOU DON’T CARE.
Now we all know— you don’t care, you never did, you never will…
but I do— and she does too.
Maybe she’s me, or maybe I was her. But you’re just that same man, that same man who doesn’t care…
but I did— and she will too.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
Tagged: adventure, art, author, blogging, breaking up, breakups, broken heart, brokenhearted, caring, dating, dear diary, friendship, hate, i don't care, Journaling, journalist, keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart, kindness, life, little sister, love, love story, men, moving on, passion, passionate living, poems, Poetry, quotes, relationships, short story, travel, truth, what to do if you are heartbroken, who cares, write, writer, writers world